Girl’s Leadership Award
C-STEM Girl’s Leadership Award recognizes middle and high school students who have attended GIRL or GIRL+ camp or Ujima GIRL Project as a camper and/or assistant coach, and demonstrated an outstanding leadership and shown aspiration for computing and robotics fields. Award recipients are selected by the C-STEM Awards Committee consisting of the university faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students.
- Nominees must be middle or high-school students.
- Nominees had participated in the C-STEM GIRL or GIRL+ Camp, Ujima GIRL Project as campers or assistant coaches.
- Nominees must be actively participating in the UC Davis C-STEM program.
- Nominees have not received this award in the past.
- Recipient must demonstrate excellent aptitude and interest in computing and its applications in STEM fields.
- Recipient must have demonstrate excellent leadership including peer-mentoring other students to pursue computing related STEM fields.
- Recipient should have actively participated in the UC Davis C-STEM related programs.
Applications are due by March 31 each year. The application is available for download as a PDF.
NEW! Teachers may nominate their students for these awards through our website! This feature automatically sends the student you nominate an email notification with a link to the application and with the attached Teacher Recommendation Form. Please log into our registered users subsite and visit the “C-STEM Student Award Nomination” page to nominate a student. Please note: This nomination form is a tool to motivate your students to apply; It is not a substitute for a student application.
For more information, please contact us:
Phone: (530) 752-9082